Sunday, July 15, 2012

Top 8 Reasons I Couldn't Have Survived This Week Without My Boba

Inspired by some Q & A on my personal facebook page in response to the photo I posted of Ergos at Costco for just $79.99, I decided I had to make this list of the top 8 reasons I couldn't have survived the past week (or past few months, for that matter) without my Boba! (I wanted to post 10 reasons, and I probably could have, but it's late and I just want to post this and go to bed, so 8 will have to do :)

And a quick side note for those who may be confused by reference to Ergos and Bobas... they're very similar carriers... both are super supportive, soft-structured carriers (SSC's) that are far superior to the popular Baby Bjorns, but that's another topic for another day!


So without further ado, here's my top 8 reasons I love couldn't live without my SSC...

8.  When Marco met us at Costco yesterday and Emi (our little daddy's girl) wanted him to hold her while he was shopping for a new remote, he was able to wear her and have his hands free to tinker with gadgets.  (Soft-structured carriers, also known as buckle carriers, are very dad friendly... just snap two buckles, and you're done!)

7.  When Gigi (who will be 4 in October) needed some extra special love and attention, I was able to wear her and give her lots of cuddles and kisses, while still getting a little housework done. (The max weight on the Boba is 45 lbs, so Gigi should be able to fit in it for another year or two!)

6.  Riding on my back in the baby carrier is one of two ways we can get the-child-who-hates-to-nap (a.k.a. Emi Lou) to sleep.  Never fails.  I think that's how I got her down for 5 of her 7 naps this past week.  (With a little practice, it's super quick and easy to get your toddler on your back in a SSC, and it's much more comfortable and less bulky than a hiking-type backpack carrier!)

5.  When the-child-who-hates-to-nap fell asleep in her carseat (the second way we're able to get her to sleep) right as we were getting to Target, she was able to finish her nap laying on my chest in the baby carrier while I did all my shopping.  (And I don't need any comments from the sleep-training-peanut-gallery on how it's not good to teach your baby to fall asleep using movement.  This works for us and we're all well rested and happy :)  I'm confident she'll learn to fall asleep on her own in her own time!)

4.  Emi loves to see what I'm doing when I cook.  We're still eating out of the freezer a couple times a week, as we finish getting unpacked and settled, but when I did cook, Emi was in the Boba on my back.

3.  I was able to get a great workout, even though my weights were still packed in a box somewhere, by wearing Emi while we went on our walk and while I did squats and lunges at the park.

2.  I had a lot of errands to run this week and I was able to nurse Emi anytime, anywhere, hands-free, discreetly and on the go in the Boba!

1.  I sure love my sweet little Emi Lou, but boy-howdy does that curious little child LOVE to get into things!  For her own safety (and my sanity) she spent most of the time I was unpacking in the Boba on my back.


So there you have it folks!  I truly can't imagine how I'd survive this phase of toddlerhood without a soft-structured baby carrier.  I use it every day. All the time.  I still love my wraps, but I've discovered I like those best for the first 6 months or so.  Once your baby is older and sturdier and wiggly-er, SSC's are the way to go!

Now run to Costco and pick yourself up an Ergo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...