Friday, July 23, 2010

Looks like I'm heading to the library in the morning!

I just discovered that Dr. Momma from the Peaceful Parenting blog has a store on Amazon.com with twelve pages of books she recommends!  A few of the ones I'm going to be looking for at the library are Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby's Brain , The Baby Bond: The New Science Behind What's Really Important When Caring for Your Baby, and The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make Good-bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years (a topic I'm desperate to learn about right now!).  Now all I need is a book recommendation for how to find time to read while raising an active toddler and/or how to speed read!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Xela,

I still prefer the "old-fashioned" way to read, but I have discovered that listening to audiobooks while occcupied with daily chores, driving, etc., can really maximize the amount of reading material a person can access in a given amount of time. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the parenting books are out in audio form. If you have very many titles you want to buy, a monthly plan from audible.com lets you get audiobooks for $9.99 or less, even if the regular price is much higher. Or maybe your wonderful library has some for lending.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...